To make your store easily searchable in the Google search, you need to do Search Engine Optimization or SEO. If you implement SEO for your website, then people can easily find your website and video/audio content in the popular search engines like Google. There are two sections for which you need to set up SEO variables. 1. Dynamic Page 2. Static Page.
Setting Up SEO Variables for Dynamic Pages
- To set up the SEO variables for Dynamic Page, in the Muvi CMS, navigate to “Marketing "-->"SEO”.
- In the Dynamic Page section, you can set the SEO variables for “Content Pages”, “Content Listing Pages” and "Product Details Pages".
- In the Title field, the system variable "$ContentName" will take the content name as Meta Title by default. If you want to change the title then you can type a different title. After changing the title, you can check it on your website by clicking on any content.
- In the Description field the system variable "$ContentName" will take the name of the content as Meta Description by default. If you want to change the description then type a brief description about the content
- In the Keywords field the system variable"$ContentName" will pick the name of the content as keyword for the content automatically. If you wish to change the keyword then type a separate keyword. You can also type multiple keywords separated by comma. (Choose keywords that your users will type to find the content easily in the search engines. For example, you can use the name of the content, type of the content etc. as your keyword. If you are using multiple Keywords, then each keyword should be separated by comma (,))
- Select the check box “Set Meta Tags Specific to Each Page” to set “Meta Tags” to specific page. (By adding Meta Tags to content will make the content easily searchable on the search engines)
Note: To set SEO variables for “Content Listing Pages” and "Product Details Pages" please follow the above mentioned procedure.
Setting Up Meta Tags
- You can also set “Meta Tags” to specific page by selecting the check box “Set meta tags specific to each page”.
- Click on “Set Meta Tags”.
- In the “Content Type” section, select the content name from the drop down menu.
- In the “Title” field type a title for the content (For a movie, type the name of the movie and your website name. For example, “Watch XYZ on abc.com”. Remember that the title should be not more than 80 characters)
- Type a brief description of the content in the “Description” field (For example, xyz is an action movie based on bank robbery. Remember that, the description should not be more than 170 characters long)
- Type “Keywords” for the content. (Choose keywords that your users will type to find the content easily in the search engines. For example, you can use the name of the content, type of the content etc. as your keyword. If you are using multiple Keywords, then each keyword should be separated by comma (,))
- If you want to add Meta Tag for another content, then click on “Add More Content Type” and repeat the above mentioned procedure.
- If you want to remove Meta Tag for a particular content type, then click on “Remove”.
- Click on “Update” to update the Meta Tag information.
Note: Before adding Meta Tags for Content Listing page, you need to add the Content Categories to the Main Menu of your website. To know, how to add Content Categories to Main Menu please Click Here.
Setting Up SEO Variables for Static Pages
- In the “Keyword” field of the Home Page the system variable $BusinessNamewill pick the keyword by default. If you wish you can type keywords for the specific page.
(Choosing appropriate keyword depends on your business type, target audience etc. For example, if your website is about music videos, then you can choose keywords like, Watch Best Music Video at XYZ, Watch Latest Music Video at XYZ etc.If you are using multiple Keywords, then each keyword should be separated by comma (,))
- Click on “Update” to update the SEO variables for Home Page.
Function of SEO Variables
|$ContentName||Fetches the name of the content (e:g Movie name, Song name, Item name of physical goods etc.)|
|$ContentType||Fetches the name of Content Category (e:g Movie, TV Series, Pop, Rock etc.)|
|$BusinessName||Fetches the name of your company or brand (e:g Muvi)|
|$PageName||Fetches the name of a page of your website (e:g About Us page, Contact Us page etc.)|
To integrate Google Analytics to your website, please read our help article “Integrating Google Analytics to Website”.