Muvi Live Streaming Extension allows you to directly live stream from your Muvi store CMS. Once you purchased the Muvi Live subscription, you can integrate it to your existing Muvi store via the Live Streaming extension. Once your store is integrated into Muvi Live via the Live Streaming extension, you can directly add live streaming content in the store CMS and start live streaming using the streaming encoder (i.e., OBS, vMIX, Stream labs, etc.). You can live stream from the camera, from an existing feed, live stream audio, and more.
If you have added the “Content Partners”, then they can also live stream from the “Content Partner Portal” via the Live Streaming Extension. The content partners do not need to purchase the Muvi Live subscription separately to live stream.
Purchasing Muvi Live Subscription
Getting API Details from Muvi Live
Once you created an account in Muvi Live, you need to get the App ID and App Secret from the Muvi Live CMS. As you will need this to integrate Muvi Live into the Muvi Store.
- Login to Muvi Live
- Navigate to “Admin” -->” Advanced”.
- Under “Advanced Settings”, copy the “App ID” and “App Secret”.
Activating Live Streaming Extension in Muvi Store
To integrate your store with Muvi Live, you need to activate the “Live Streaming Extension” in the CMS.
- To activate the Live Streaming extension, navigate to “Marketplace”-->”Manage Apps” in the CMS.
- Click on “Activate” under “Live Streaming”.
- Click on “Yes”.
- Paste the “App ID” and “App Secret” which you have copied from Muvi Live.
- Click on “Activate”.
Adding Live Streaming Content
After activating the Muvi Live Extension in the CMS, you can add the live stream content from the Content Library.
- To add live stream content, navigate to “Manage Content”-->” Content Library” in the CMS.’
- Click on “Add Content”.
- In the “Content Form” field, select “Video Live Streaming”.
- Type the “Content Name” (i.e., name of your live streaming).
- Select Release/Record Date from the calendar
- Type the Genre of the streaming content. You can add multiple genres.
- In the Story /Description field describe the live streaming briefly.
- Select “Censor Ratings”.
- Select “Language”.
- In “Feed”, select “Live Extension” to live stream via Muvi Live.
- Select the "Start Time (In GMT)" from the calendar(optional). Select the time when live streaming will be started. (Please remember that Start Time is not to start the event, but this is additional information for your users to know when the event will start. If you will add the start time, then the “Play” button will not show on the live streaming content. It will only show on the scheduled date and time.)
- Type the "Duration (in Hours)" of the live streaming content(optional).
- Add "Search Tags" in the corresponding field. (Search tags will help users find the content easily by typing the tags in the search bar. You can use words related to the content as search tags). First, add "#" to enter search tags in the text field. Press "Enter" key or "," comma (e.g., #meeting, #talkshow). You can add a maximum of 5search tags to the content.
- Under Upload, a Poster, click on the “Browse” button to upload a poster for the live stream (See Below Screenshot).
- You can upload a poster for Mobile & TV apps(This option will be available if you have already purchased any mobile or TV app). Click on browse and upload a poster. (Upload an image size of 800x450) Note: If you want to change the poster size then you can change it. To know how to change poster size please Click Here. We suggest you first upload a picture are see if the size is perfect or not. Then change the size according to your needs. Once you upload pictures for all your content, then later it will be difficult for you to resize the posters.(You can upload .jpeg, .gif, .png and .svg images. However, if you are uploading .svg images then you will not be able the crop the image and few old browsers do not support this image format)
- Click on "Upload Top Banner" to upload a top banner.
- Click on "Add New Cast" to add cast and crew for the content.
- Click on “Save and Continue” to add the live stream.
How to Start Live Streaming
- To start the live streaming, you have to click on “Start Stream” on the right-hand side of the content.
- You will see the message “Server Launching in Progress”. Wait for a couple of minutes to connect with the Muvi Live server.
- You will get the confirmation “Stream Started Successfully”. Click on “Ok”.
- Once the live streaming is started, you will get the “Stream Info” (i.e., the Stream URL and Stream Key, which is unique for each live stream you create). You need to add the Stream Key and Stream URL in the streaming encoder i.e., OBS, vMix, etc.
- Also, you will get the “HLS” URL which you can use to share the live stream with your end-users.
Configuring Streaming Encoder OBS
You have to download and install OBS. Once OBS is installed, you need to configure it for live streaming (camera).
- Open OBS.
- Click on the “+” icon under “Scenes” to add a scene.
- Click on the “+” icon under “Sources” to add a source. Select “Select Video Capture Device” from the list.
- Click on “OK” and then click on “OK” to add the capture device.
- Navigate to “File” -->” Settings” -->” Stream”.
- From the drop-down select “Custom”.
- Type the “Server” and “Stream Key” (which you have obtained from Muvi Live Server)
- Click on “Apply” and “OK”.
- Click on “Start Streaming” on the bottom right corner of OBS to start the live stream.
How End Users Can View the Live Stream
End-users need to click on the “Play” button of the live stream content in your store to watch the live stream. You can also share the live stream via the HLS feed on any other website/app.
How to Stop Live Stream
You can stop the live stream from the encoder (i.e., OBS, vMix, Streamlabs, Wirecast, etc.) or from the CMS.
- To stop the live stream from the OBS, click on “Stop Streaming” on the bottom right corner of OBS.
- To stop the live stream from CMS, click on “Stop Stream”. When you will get the confirmation click on “Yes” and then click on “Ok”.