By enabling the Gift Voucher monetization, you can allow your end-users to purchase and redeem gift vouchers. The end-users can purchase the gift voucher using their credit card and send the voucher code via email to other end-users or to someone who is not even an end-user of the store. The gift balance can then be used to purchase both subscriptions and PPVs in the store. The store admin can view the gift voucher transactions in the CMS.
Enabling Gift Voucher
- To enable “Gift Voucher”, navigate to “Monetization” -->” Settings” in the CMS.
- Select “Gift Voucher” under Monetization Model and click on “Update”.
- Once the Gift Voucher monetization is enabled, you can view it in the Monetization menu.
How the End-Users Can Send Gift Voucher
Once Gift Voucher is enabled, the end-users can view it under their profile once they will log into the store.
- Navigate to “Profile”-->” Gift Voucher”.
- Type the gift voucher “Amount” (the amount that you want to send as a gift).
- Type the “Recipient’s Email” (to whom you want to send the gift voucher).
- Type the “Message” you want to send to the gift voucher recipient.
- Click on “Proceed”.
- Type your Credit Card details and click on “Pay Now”.
- The gift voucher code will be sent to the recipient’s email address. The recipient can redeem the gift voucher by using the code.
- The recipient will get the gift voucher code in his/her email (see below screenshot) and can redeem it in the store.
How to Redeem Gift Voucher
To redeem the gift voucher, one needs to log in to the store. If the recipient is not an end-user of the store, then he/she first, need to register at the store to redeem the voucher.
- Navigate to “Profile”-->” My Wallet”.
- Click on “Gift Wallet”.
- Click on “Gift Redeem”.
- Type the gift voucher code received in the email and click on “Redeem”. The amount will be added to their “Gift Wallet”.
How Store Admin Can View Gift Voucher Transactions
The store admin can view the gift voucher transactions in the CMS. The admin can view which end-user has purchased the gift voucher and who has redeemed it, the gift voucher code, etc.
- Navigate to “Monetization” --> “Gift Voucher” in the CMS.
- The admin can view the Buyer (buyer’s email address), Gift Value, Gift Code, and Redeemed By (who has redeemed the gift voucher).
- The admin can also download the transaction details for a specific period (by selecting the date from the calendar) in CSV format by clicking on “Download CSV”.