When you are live streaming an event via Muvi Live and OBS using multiple cameras and want to switch from one camera to another, then it can be easily done via OBS. Either you can switch the cameras manually with hotkeys or you can install a plugin in the OBS and switch cameras automatically at certain time intervals.
Note: If you want to know how to set up OBS for Muvi Live to live stream, then please click here.
Switching Cameras Manually in OBS
In the OBS, you can add multiple scenes and sources for multiple cameras. For example, if you want to use 2 different cameras for live streaming, then add 2 scenes and select camera sources for each scene.
- Open OBS
- Click on the “+” icon in the bottom left corner to add a scene. You can type a name for the scene. For example, in “Camera – 1”. You can add multiple scenes for multiple cameras. Add another scene for another camera (if the scene already exists, then you can rename it)
- Next to the ‘Scene”, click on the “+” icon to add a source. First, select the scene against which you want to add the source.
- From the “Source” select the video capture device.
- For another camera to select as a source, select the “Scene” and then click on “Source” and select another camera as a source. You can also select “Window Capture”, and “Display Capture” as sources if it is required.
- Click on “File” -->“Settings”.
- Click on “Hotkeys”.
- Scroll and find the scene name you have assigned for the cameras. Then select the hotkeys for the camera. For example, you can select the key “1” for camera 1 and “2” for camera 2. Or you can select any combination keys like CTRL + A for camera 1 and CTRL + B for camera 2 and so on.
- During the live streaming, you can press the hotkeys assigned for the cameras and switch cameras manually.
Switching Cameras Automatically in OBS
You can switch cameras automatically in OBS by installing a plugin. The Advanced Scene Switcher plugin can help you to switch your cameras automatically at time intervals.
- First, download and install the Advanced Scene Switcher plugin for OBS.
- Navigate to “Tools” -->” Advanced Scene Switcher”.
- You can see different scene/camera switching options on the tabs.
- Click on the “Sequence” tab.
- Select the “Cameras/Scenes” and set the timer to switch cameras.
- You can add multiple sequences.
- The cameras will be switched automatically during the live streaming according to the time intervals you have added in the sequence.