Our Menu feature, allows you to create menu structure of your website. You can add main menu, sub menu, rename a menu, delete a menu and manage the menu structure of your website. You can also shift any static page to the top and add any external link to your website etc…
Adding the Main Menu
- To add the main menu of your website, go to “Website” -->”Menu”
- Under “Set the Main Menu”, click on “Content Categories”
- Select the content categories from the list which you wish to add to the main menu
- Click on “Add to Menu”
The selected content categories will be added to the main menu of your website
Adding Static Pages
You can add Static Pages like "About Us" and "Terms and Policy" to the main menu.
- Under "Set the Main Menu" click on "Static Pages"
- Select the static page (i.e. About Us / Terms and Policy) you want to add to the main menu
- Click on "Add to Menu"
The static page will be added to the main menu of your website
You can add Apps (If you have activated any) like Blogs, Muvi Kart, Playout to the main menu.
- Under "Set the Main Menu" click on "Apps"
- Select the Apps you want to add to the main menu
- Click on "Add to Menu"
Apps will be added to the main menu of your website.
Adding External Links
You can add any external links to the main menu of your website.
- Under "Set the Main Menu" click on "External Links"
- Type the link text (For example Muvi)
- Type the URL (For example, https://muvi.com)
- Click on "Submit"
The link will be added to the main menu of your website.
Adding More Option
- If you want to add a menu “More” in your top menu of the website and want to put some category of contents under this, then please click on “External Links” under “Set the Main Menu“.
- Put “#” in the URL field there, type “More” in the Link Text field and click on “Submit“.
- You will find a “More” menu under “Menu Structure”
Managing Menu Structure
After adding the Main Menu, you can arrange the menus in a different order, create submenus, rename a menu, and delete a menu.
- To re-arrange the menu order, simply drag and drop the menus in your desired order
- To create a submenu, drag a menu and put it under a specific menu. It will become a sub-menu of that specific menu.
- Click on “Edit” to edit a specific menu. You can change the "Name" of the menu under "Title".
- After making the changes click on “Save”.
- You can not make any changes to the "Permalink" of the menu. However, you can change the "Permalink" of the "External Links" .
- To remove a menu, click on “Remove”. When asked for confirmation click on “Yes” to remove the menu
Note: If you have configured multiple languages on your store, then the "Remove" option will be enabled when the English language is selected in the CMS. (See Below Screenshot)