You can de-link or anonymize the end-user logs or transactions. You can remove identifying details about the data collected from the end user’s behavior after a specific time frame from the user action analytics from the CMS.
How to Delink Analytics
- To delink analytics, navigate to “User Features” --> “Setting” in the CMS.
- Scroll down and select the checkbox for “De-Link Analytics After”.
- Select the “Time Period” in the number of days. (After how many days you want to delink the analytics. If you will select “1” the analytics will be delinked exactly after 1 day).
- Click on “Save”.
What Happens After Delinking Analytics?
Once you delinked the analytics, the data in the “User Action Analytics” will be anonymized after the day you have selected. That means if you have selected “1” day, then the data will be anonymized exactly after one day.
- To view the User Action Analytics, navigate to “Analytics” -->” User Action” in the CMS.
- When you click on the “Views” tab in the User Action Analytics, it will not show the “Username” and “Email” in the report. You can view other data, but the end-uers' username and email will be anonymized.
- When you click on the “Search” tab, it will not show the “Username” and “Email”. You can view other data, but your username and email will be anonymized.
- When you click in the “Login” tab, it will not show the users “Email”
- When you click on the “Top Fan List”, it will not show the “Email” and “Name” of the end-users.
When You Deselect the Delink Analytics
When the “Delink Analytics” option is deselected, the “User Action” analytics will display the new users’ data again. But the old users’ data (before the option was deselected) remained anonymized.