Usually, Roku player updates the app automatically in regular intervals (randomly every 24-36 hours). Whenever the player is powered on, the process of downloading and updating the app is done automatically without interpreting your viewing. Sometimes, if you have disconnected your Roku player for a long period of time or if you have installed a non-certified Roku channel recently, then you may need to update the Roku app manually.
How to Update Roku App
1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
2. Click on “Settings”.
3. Click on “System”.
4. Click on “System Update”.
5. Select “Check Now” to manually check for updates.
6. You will see the current software and build version, along with the date and time of the latest update.
7. You will see the confirmation that the software is up to date.