You can create your own online radio channels using the Muvi Playout. Create multiple channels and add songs, audio files in different time slots in different channels. The audio content added to the Playout will be played automatically in different channels at different timings just like the Internet Radio Station. You can add the channel(s) using the Embed link and/or API to your website, mobile app (iOS, Android), and/or TV app.
Signup with Muvi Playout
- To sign up with the Muvi Playout, please click here.
- Click on “Free Trial” to take 14 days free trial.
- Provide the details, your “Name”, “Company Name”, “Phone Number”, “Email” and “Password”.
Purchasing the Subscription
Once your 14 days free trial is over, you will be prompted to purchase the subscription to Muvi Playout. You can also purchase the subscription before your free trial ends.
- Click on “Purchase Subscription” on the top right corner of your page.
- Click on “Checkout”
- Provide the details of your Credit Card details and billing Address.
- Click on “Continue to Pay”.
- Click on “Billing” to view the “Subscription Details” and “Payment History”.
Adding Content to Playout
First, you need to add content in Playout. After creating the content, you need to add it to a channel in a specific time slot. Create multiple contents to add in different channels in different time slots.
- To add content, click on “Manage Content”.
- Click on “Content Library”.
- Click on “Add Content”.
- From the “Content-Type” field, select “Audio” from the drop-down.
- Type the “Content Name”.
- The “Permalink” will be automatically generated for the content. You can also edit the permalink.
- Type “Story/Description” of the content.
- Type “Search Tags” for the content. The search tags will help search the content easily. After typing the search tags, you need to type a “,” (comma).
- Upload a “Poster for Web”. Click on “Browse” to browse and add the poster from your computer.
- Click on “Media”.
- Under “Primary Media”, click on “Browse” to upload an audio file for the content.
- Click on “Save” to save the content. The encoding will be started. Once the encoding is finished, the content can be scheduled to a channel.
- Repeat the process to add multiple audio contents.
- To preview the content, click on the “Preview” button on the right-hand side of the content.
How to Add an Audio Channel
You need to create an Audio Channel(s) in the Playout. After creating the channel, you can add audio content in the channels in different time slots.
- To create an audio channel, click on “Manage Channel”.
- Click on “Add Channel”.
- In “Channel Type”, select “Audio”.
- Type the “Channel Name”.
- Type channel “Description”.
- Click on “Browse” to upload Channel Logo and Channel Image.
- Click on “Save Channel”.
- Click on the “Preview” button on the right-hand side of the channel to preview it. If it is required, you can click on the “Edit” to edit the channel or you can click on the “Delete” button to delete the channel.
You can add content to the channels and schedule them in different time slots through the “Scheduler”. You can also select time zones for a specific region through the scheduler.
- To add content to the scheduler, click on the “Manage Schedule” on the right side of a channel.
- Select the Time Zone from the drop-down. e.g. if you want to show your programs to your Indian users, then select “Asia/Kolkata (UTC +05:30)”.
- To add content in a specific time slot, click on the scheduler. You can also type the date and time manually.
- The current date is highlighted in the scheduler.
- You can either add the content in the current date or in the future date. You cannot add content in the past date.
- Type the content name in the “Search Content” field to search and add the content.
- Click on the “Start Date” to select the date from the calendar.
- Type “Start Time”.
- The “End Time” is automatically set by the system according to the duration of the content. (For example, if the duration of the content is 30 minutes, then the end time will be set for 30 minutes from the start time).
- In “Program Type”, select “Non-Recurring” if you do not want the program to recur.
- Select “Recurring” if you want the program to be re-occurred.
- Select the Recurrence Type “Weekly” if you want the program to repeat on weekdays. Select the “Recurrence Days” (i.e. from Sunday – Saturday)
- Select the “End Date” of recurrence. If you select “Never”, then the recurrence will never end. If you select the “Specific Date”, then you can select the date from the calendar on which you want to end the recurrence.
- Click on “Save Event” to save the program.
Embed Muvi Playout Channels to Website
You can embed the Muvi Playout channels on any website. Your end-users can view the programs scheduled on the channel.
- To get the embed link of a specific channel, click on “Embed” on the right side of the channel.
- Copy the embed link and add it to your website. When your end-users visit the page, they can view the programs on the channel. If you are an existing Muvi customer, then you can embed the link to a page of your Muvi Store.
Note: You can also add the Playout channel(s) to your mobile app, TV app using the Embed link/HLS link/API.
Sharing Playout via API
You can integrate your existing front-end (website/App) via API.
- To get the API details, navigate to "Admin" -->"Advanced" in the CMS.
- Under the "Advanced Settings", you can get the App ID and App Secret.