Muvi’s “Tax” feature allows you to easily configure and manage tax rules for your monetized content (VOD, AOD) for different countries and states. With the Tax feature, you can define and collect taxes on the monetized content you are selling through the store. When the end-users purchase any content from your store, automatically the tax will be applied, and it will show the content price including the tax on the payment popup. The end-users can view the tax added to the content price in the invoice as well. You can also view the detailed report in the ‘Revenue Analytics’.
How to Enable Tax
First, you need to enable the Tax feature in the CMS and then you can add tax for different countries and states.
- To enable Tax, navigate to “Monetization”-->” Settings” in the CMS.
- Scroll down to “Tax” and select the checkbox “Enable Tax”.
- Click on “Update”.
- Once enabled, you view it in the Monetization menu.
How to Add Tax
You can add tax for different countries and states. You can add the name of the tax and also define the percentage of tax for each country and state.
- To add tax, navigate to “Monetization” -->” Manage Tax” in the CMS.
- Select the “Country” from the drop-down.
- Select the “State” from the drop-down.
- Type the “Tax Name” (e.g., VAT, GST, IGST, etc.)
- Click on “Save” to add the tax.
- Click on “Add more region-specific tax” to add taxes for other countries and states.
How Tax is Charged During the Purchase of Content
Once the tax is added, it will display on the payment popup when the end-users purchase any content. The end-user can view the content price including the tax which is already defined for the region.
How Tax is Displayed on the Invoice
The tax charged during the purchase of content is displayed on the invoice received by the end-user. The end-users can view the invoice from the “Purchase History”.
View Tax Charged in Revenue Analytics
As an admin, you can view the taxes charged for the different contents in the “Revenue Analytics”. It will show under the column “Final Price”.
- Navigate to “Analytics” -->” Revenue” in the CMS.
- Click on the “Pay Per View” tab.
- You can view the actual “Price” of the content and view the “Final Price” after the tax is charged.