The biometric authentication feature allows your mobile app (iOS, Android) users to log in to their device either using their Fingerprint or Face ID. This feature allows the end-users to quickly access their app using their fingerprint and it is considered as the most secure way of login. Users get the option to activate/deactivate their biometric access during the registration process while logging in to the device or after logging in. This feature is only available to the end-users who have owned Fingerprint / Face ID enabled smartphones.
How End-Users Can Activate Biometric Login
For New Users:
- If you are a new user, then register to the app once you installed it from the app store.
- Provide all the details in the registration page and tap on “Register” from the bottom of the app
- Once the registration is completed, the app will pop up to activate the biometric authentication (see the below screenshot)
- You can screen your fingerprint to activate the biometric system. Else, you can tap on “Continue Without Activation” to go to the home screen.
For Existing Users:
- If you are an existing user, then navigate to the login screen and enter the login credentials.
- The phone will automatically identify the User ID and ask you to activate the Fingerprint/Face ID.
- After successfully activating the biometric, logout from the app.
- Relaunch the app, and navigate to the login screen, then the app will pop up to login using biometric (see below screenshot).
- Scan your fingerprint and login to the app instantly.
- In case, you have never activated Biometric Authentication during the Registration / Login, then navigate to Menu -> Settings -> Biometric -> Turn ON/OFF the Biometric Authentication (see below screenshot).