Muvi Playout gives a Live TV like experience to your end-users. Your users can watch the content that is scheduled in different time slots in various channels. You can create different channels and you can also create and add content to these channels in different time slots. The content added to the Playout will be played automatically in different channels in different timings just like linear TV. You can also embed the different channels of the Playout to any website.
- Currently, we do not support Playout for mobile browsers and mobile apps.
- In the Safari browser, Playout starts in mute mode. Users need to increase the volume of their device manually to watch the content seamlessly.
Signup with Muvi Playout
- To sign up with the Muvi Playout, please click here.
- Click on “Free Trial” to take 14 days free trial.
- Provide the details, your “Name”, “Company Name”, “Phone Number”, “Email” and “Password”.
Purchasing the Subscription
Once your 14 days free trial is over, you will be prompted to purchase the subscription of Muvi Playout. You can also purchase the subscription before your free trial ends.
- Click on “Purchase Subscription” on the top right corner of your page.
- Click on “Checkout”
- Provide the details of your Credit Card details and Billing Address.
- Click on “Continue to Pay”.
- Click on “Billing” to view the “Subscription Details” and “Payment History”.
Adding Content to Playout
First, you need to add content in Playout. After creating the content, you need to add it to a channel in a specific time slot. Create multiple content to add in different channels in different time slots.
- To add content, click on “Manage Content”.
- Click on “Content Library”.
- Click on “Add Content”.
- Select the “Content-Type” from the drop-down.
- Type the “Content Name”.
- The “Permalink” will be automatically generated for the content. You can also edit the permalink.
- Select a “Content Category” from the drop-down.
- Type “Story/Description” of the content.
- Type “Search Tags” for the content. The search tags will help search the content easily. After typing the search tags, you need to type a “,” (comma).
- Upload a “Poster for Web”. Click on “Browse” to browse and add the poster from your computer.
- Click on “Media”.
- Under “Primary Media”, click on “Browse” to upload a video for the content.
- Click on “Save” to save the content. The encoding will be started. Once the encoding is finished, the content will be added to your “Content Library”.
How to Add Channel
You need to create Channels in Playout. After creating the channels, you can add content in the channels in different time slots.
- To create a Channel, click on “Manage Channel”.
- Click on “Add Channel”.
- Type the “Channel Name”.
- Type channel “Description”.
- Click on “Browse” to upload Channel Logo and Channel Image.
- Click on “Save Channel”.
You can add content to the channels and schedule them in different time slots through the “Scheduler”. You can also select time zones for a specific region through the scheduler.
- To add content to the scheduler, click on the “Manage Schedule” on the right side of a channel.
- Select the Time Zone from the drop-down. e.g. if you want to show your programs to your Indian users, then select “Asia/Kolkata (UTC +05:30)”.
- To add content in a specific time slot, click on the scheduler. You can also type the date and time manually.
- The current date is highlighted in the scheduler.
- You can either add the content in the current date or in the future date. You can not add content in the past date.
- Type the content name in the “Search Content” field to search and add the content.
- Click on the “Start Date” to select the date from the calendar.
- Type “Start Time”.
- The “End Time” is automatically set by the system according to the duration of the content. (For example, if the duration of the content is 30 minutes, then the end time will be set for 30 minutes from the start time).
- In “Program Type”, select “Non-Recurring” if you do not want the program to recur.
- Select “Recurring” if you want the program to be re-occurred.
- Select the Recurrence Type “Weekly” if you want the program to repeat on weekdays. Select the “Recurrence Days” (i.e. from Sunday – Saturday)
- Select the “End Date” of recurrence. If you select “Never”, then the recurrence will never end. If you select the “Specific Date”, then you can select the date from the calendar on which you want to end the recurrence.
- Click on “Save Event” to save the program.
Embed Muvi Playout Channels to Website
You can embed the Muvi Playout channels on any website. Your end-users can view the programs scheduled on the channel.
- To get the embed link of a specific channel, click on “Embed” on the right side of the channel.
- Copy the embed link and add it to your website. When your end-users visit the page, they can view the programs on the channel. If you are an existing Muvi customer, then you can embed the link to a static page of your Muvi Store.
Canceling Muvi Playout Subscription
You can cancel your Muvi Live Playout subscription at any time. If you cancel your account, then all your data including videos and metadata will be deleted 14 days after cancellation. Please make sure to export all your data before the canceling the subscription.
- To cancel your Muvi Playout subscription, click on "Profile" on the top right corner of the CMS.
- Scroll down to "Cancel Subscription".
- Click on "Cancel Subscription".
- Select the reason for cancellation from the list.
- Type your feedback in the textbox and click on "Submit". Your subscription will be canceled. If you wish to re-activate your subscription you can do so by clicking on the "Re-Activate" link.