As per your requirement. you can customize the Homepage of your Mobile and/or TV App. You can add, edit and/or delete banner, banner text, banner URL and feature content section. Re-arrange banner and feature content as well.
Adding Banner to Homepage
- To add banner to homepage, navigate to “Mobile & TV Apps” --> "Front End"-->“Home Page”
- Click on the “+” icon to add banner
- You can select the banner image from your computer or select from gallery. (You can upload .jpeg, .gif, .png and. svg images. However, if you are uploading. svg images then you will not able the crop the image and few old browsers do not support this image format)
- After selecting the image, click on "Upload".
- If you upload multiple banners, you can re-arrange them with drag and drop.
After adding the banner, you can add banner URL, banner text and re-arrange the order of the banner. You can also delete any banner if you want to.
Adding Banner URL
- Click on a banner to select it
- In the “Enter the URL for Banner” field, select type of page from the drop-down you wish to link (i.e. Content, Category or Specific Page)
- If you select "Content", then you need to add the content page you wish to link with the banner. So, when a user clicks on the banner, he/she will be redirected to the specific content page.
- If you select "Category", then you need to select the category page you wish to link with the banner.
- If you select "Specific Page", then you need to select the page you wish to link with the banner.
- Click on
Adding Banner Text
- Click on a banner to select it
- Type the text for the banner in the “Text on Banner” field
- Click on
Simply drag and drop the banners to re-arrange their order.
- To delete a banner, click on it and then click on the Trashcan icon on its the bottom right corner
- When asked for confirmation, click on “Yes” to delete the banner
Note: The banner image will be available in your image library after deleting it.
Adding Video on Banner
You can add the video banner to your mobile app home page.
- To add the video banner, in "Enter the URL for Banner" field, you need to select "Content" from the drop-down.
- Click on "Add Content".
- Search the content from the Content Library that you want to add as a video banner.
- Click on "Save".
- Scroll down and select the option "Video on Banner".
- Click on "Update".
Adding HLS Banner
HLS banner feature allows you to add live steaming or advertisements to your mobile app home page. End-users can view the live stream or advertisements on the home page banner. You can also change the HLS link at any time you want in the CMS and it will reflect on the home page banner.
- To add HLS banner, navigate to "Mobile & TV Apps" -->"Frontend"-->"Homepage" in the CMS.
- In the "Enter the URL for Banner" field, select "None" from the drop-down.
- Scroll down and select "Embed From 3rd Party (HLS Link)".
- Paste the HLS feed URL and click on "Update".
Adding Featured Sections
There are two ways to display your content in your Homepage, either you can select “All Categories” or “Featured Section”. If you select “All Categories”, then all category content will be displayed on your homepage. If you select “Featured Sections”, then you can add different section for content. For example, New Releases, Most Viewed etc.
In the feature section, you can either manually add content which you want to show on your homepage or you can select the auto generated option. For digital content it will show the latest released movies or most watched movies. For physical goods it will display the goods those are in discount or show the new goods added to your website etc.
For Manually Generated Content
- Under Featured Sections click on “Add Featured Section” ( If you want to match the featured section of your website with your mobile/TV app then click on “Sync With Website”)
- A window will popup. In "Selection Type", select "Manually Generated"
- Select the Content Type from the drop-down (Video, Audio, Physical)
- Type a name for the featured section. (For example, Most Viewed, New Releases etc.
- Click on
You can add multiple featured sections for different category of content.
For Auto Generated Content
- Under Featured Sections click on “Add Featured Section”
- A window will popup. In "Selection Type", select "Auto Generated"
- Type a Name for the featured section. (For example, Most Viewed, New Releases etc.)
- Select the "Section Criteria" from the drop-down list
- Select the "Section Category" from the list. (You can select multiple categories by pressing the CTRL key)
- Type the Content Limit. (The number of content you want to show on your homepage. i.e. 2, 4, 5 etc.)
- Finally, click on "Save"
Content will be arranged on the home page automatically as per the criteria you have selected.
Managing Featured Sections
After adding the Featured Section, you can add/delete content to the featured section, rename the featured section, re-arrange the featured section and delete the featured section. (This is only applicable for "Manually Generated" featured section)
Adding Content to Featured Section
After adding the Featured Section, you need to add content for the section.
- To add content to Featured Section, click on “Add Content”
- Type the content name in the search box and click on “Save”
Deleting Content From Featured Section
You can delete any content from the featured section.
- To delete a content, click on the trashcan icon on the bottom right corner of the content
- When asked for confirmation, click on “Yes” to delete the content
Re-arranging Featured Section
If you have added several Featured Sections, then you can change their order according to your desire. Simply drag and drop to change the order of the Featured Sections. You can also change the content order of the featured section with simple drag and drop.
Renaming Featured Section
You can change the name of the Featured Section.
- To rename a Featured Section, click on it
- Type a new name and click on the tick mark
Deleting a Featured Section
- To delete a Featured Section, click on the trashcan icon on the top right corner of the Featured Section.
- When asked for confirmation, click on “Yes”