The "Skip Intro" feature allows the end-users to skip the starting credits, a recap of the previous episode/season while watching multi-part content. By clicking on the skip intro button on the player, they can directly jump to the actual or current part of the episode. You can set the start time and end time for the skip intro button for the individual content in the CMS. The button will automatically appear on the player and if the end-user wants to skip the introduction part, then he/she can click on it. The button will not show on the player if the end-user is not active on the player.
|Note: The “Skip Intro” feature is only available for the VOD content.|
How to Enable Skip Intro
- To enable the “Skip Intro” feature, click on “Player” in the CMS.
- Select the checkbox for “Skip Intro”.
- Once the feature is enabled, you can see it on the right-hand side of content in the Content Library.
Setting Up the Time for Skip Intro
Once the ‘Skip Intro” feature is enabled, you can set up the start time and end time for individual content.
- Navigate to “Manage Content” à “Content Library” in the CMS.
- On the right-hand side of the content, click on “Manage Skip Intro”.
- In the “Video Duration” field you can view the entire duration of the video.
- Type the “Start Time” in HH:MM: SS You can also leave the start time field empty. If it is left empty, the skip intro button will show from the beginning of the video. The start time cannot be exceeded the entire video duration.
- Type the “End Time” in HH:MM: SS You cannot leave the “End Time” field empty. It should not exceed 50% of the entire video duration and cannot even exceed the entire video duration.
- Click on “Save” to save the settings.
Note: Empty start time will show the skip intro button from the beginning of the video.
How the End-Users Can Skip the Intro
- While playing the video, the end-users will view the “Skip Intro” button on the player.
- It will appear on the player as per the start time and end time you have set for it in the CMS.
- The button will disappear automatically if the end-user does not click on it.
- If a user clicks on the button, the video will automatically seek the video till the ‘End Time’ defined for the skip intro button. The button will then disappear.
- The skip button will appear on the player again if the end-user seeks back to the time when the Skip Intro button is set up in the CMS to be active.